A. Prior to making any travel arrangements, approval must be obtained from the Assistance Company. In the first instance telephone CEGA on the following number:
Call CEGA on: +44 (0) 1243 621 130
This telephone number is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. They will need to know the answers to the questions below - please have your replies ready before telephoning for assistance:
1. Patients full name, date of birth, nationality and current address
2. Certificate Number and policy expiry date
3. Medical Problem/Situation/Assistance requested
4. Date of occurrence of illness/accident
5. Hospital name and telephone number
6. Treating Doctor's name and telephone number
7. Name of Patient's own doctor/GP, if any
B. The Assistance Company will advise the action to be taken, and make the necessary arrangements for air tickets to be purchased, if necessary. They will also make arrangements for Hospital admissions upon arrival at the approved destination.
APPROVAL MUST BE GIVEN BY THE ASSISTANCE SERVICE IN ORDER THAT THE TRANSPORTATION COSTS, ALL IN-PATIENT COSTS OR WHERE TREATMENT COSTS ARE LIKELY TO EXCEED £2,500/$4,250/€3,250 CAN BE CONSIDERED FOR SETTLEMENT BY THE INSURER.
FAILURE TO OBTAIN PRE-AUTHORISATION WILL RESULT IN THE INSURED PERSON BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR £1,000/$1,700/€1,300 OF EACH CLAIM.